Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Demolition Man

Tonight after dinner I had the pleasure of going to Michael's (my brother's) new house and helping with some demolition cleanup. He wasn't there at the time, he was at a hockey game watching the Predators. I'm not sure if they won, but it's usually a fun time either way. I had fun loading all the debris into bags and trash cans and lugging it into a ginormous dumpster. I was thinking that by myself it would take quite awhile to get all that out of the house, but once I found the trash cans behind the house it was just a matter of setting them right outside the door and shoveling straight into them instead of dealing with bags. Bags aren't ideal when you're working alone. Four cans full of old drywall, dust, lumber, and other stuff and I was done. Too bad, though. He was paying by the hour. Oh well, looks like I won't be retiring early.

So apparently only 4 people are brave enough to risk finding out what it would look like if I attempted to crochet. If you don't know what I'm talking about, check out my last entry about the 7 lucky people who can win a free gift from me. Do it! Now! I'll wait.

In other news, I've been attending a new Wednesday night small group from church. The small groups are called Villages. For a while I went with Mattew and Jennifer to their village, but it was weird being the only person who wasn't married or didn't have a kid. So I tried out a new group and so far I'm liking it a lot. There are quite a few people in it who are Christians but didn't grow up in the church, which means they aren't familiar with most of the Bible knowledge a lot of us take for granted. For example, who Jonah is, what the difference between the Old and New Testaments is, who Lazarus was, and on and on. So we've talked about starting up a Bible study to help acquaint them more with the Bible. Somehow this has turned into me possibly being the leader of a new Village so that anyone and everyone at church can join. Wha? I didn't realize I was signing up for that! But we'll see what happens and deal with it as it comes. For the moment we're still trying to nail down a time and place to meet. It's looking like we'll be able to start up sometime in the next two weeks or so. I'm really excited about it, I just hope they aren't expecting me to be flashy or anything. I'll keep you posted!

No comments: