Friday, November 03, 2006

New neighbor

So Monday night Derek and I were hanging out and talking in my apartment. As usual, the door was wide open because the only people in the building are the four of us ferners. Around 11:30 or so, we heard some people stomping their way up the stairs and what sounded like German being spoken. Having lived in this building with foreigners two years ago, I knew that we no longer had free reign in the building. Turns out, there was only one German person coming up the stairs, but there was a Chinese person who (sorta) speaks German helping out. So now we have a new German neighbor. Her name is Yvonne, she speaks English fluently, she recently graduated and this is her first stop on the world trip that she's taking. She sold her apartment and car and is planning on travelling until she runs out of money. She's taken a job here as a German teacher for the next three months. Since this is an automobile school, lots of students take German and Japanese in hopes of getting a job with a big car company. Anyhoo, she's really nice and I'm pretty sure she's glad that there are other foreigners around she can hang out with. She's kind of doing things on the fly, so she really had no idea what to expect when she arrived.

That's the scoop for now. I may post again later today. I'm getting together some pictures and I'm still trying to figure out how in the world to get a video on this thing. If you know, please share with me.

2 comments:

Vail said...

What about the yahoo place where Matty puts the videos of Vail?

Anonymous said...

I usually post mine on YouTube and then connect it to Blogger.