Thursday, August 10, 2006

Another piece of the puzzle

I figure since I haven't been able to blog in a week or so I should probably start filling in the gaps in what I've been doing. Really, there's nothing too super exciting. Last Friday I drove 591 miles to Longview, TX to visit my brother Billy and his family. It was great spending some time with them and hanging out with the girls. Suzzanah is getting pretty good at testing her blood sugar on her own and everything. Now if only we can keep her from using Molly Beth as a trampoline! :-P We had some good times. On Tuesday I went to Dallas to visit my friend Jesse. He was at the same school with me in China, but he didn't return until a month ago. We had fun talking about China and catching up on things. It's kind of fun for him to be coming home and me to be going back to Shiyan. A sort of passing of the torch. Anyhoo, I drove here to Fayetteville, AR this morning (Thursday) and now I'm at my sister's. They're getting all packed and ready to move to Nashville this weekend. I have the honor of helping out. I think the truck will be here around noon tomorrow, so that's when the real work begins. And Matthew will be in class most of the day, too. How convenient. Saturday we'll make our way to Nashville. I believe that the plan after that is for everyone to go to Mississippi to my mom's on the 16th or so. We'll be having a family vacation extravaganza. Since it's the first annual one, we're going cheap and staying at mom's. Then we'll have a year to plan for the next one and make it more expensive. There will be two new kiddos at next year's, so it better be baby friendly. Anyhoo, that's all for now. I'm tired and I've been fighting storm troopers and clones on Xbox for the last two hours, so I think I'll just go to bed.

1 comment:

guymc said...

Dude, you're on blogspot - I'm psyched! Now I can post comments... yippeeeee!